Adventurer's Consumer Guide
|Adventurer's Consumer Guide|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
You are a product tester for the Adventurer's Consumer Guide, a magazine that reviews all sorts of adventurer's equipment. Today, you're on a mountain ledge outside Treasure Cave Mountain to test the following (all of which you have with you):
- a magical sword that vibrates near danger,
- a magical staff with an orb on the end that removes any creature that touches the orb,
- a Remmingheim Supreme crossbow, loaded with an arrow said to magically return to the bow,
- "The Ultimate Creature Manual" by Arthur Hippoman,
- a small locked cage containing a gremlin wearing a tiny ring,
- a coat of invisibility (activated by the magic word "tango"),
- a Super Champion Helmet, which magically makes its wearer a hero,
- a magical ring to protect you from magical rays by transferring the effects to the gremlin via its ring.
- a goblin, to aid you as your sidekick.
(You're also wearing red boxer shorts, but those are yours and don't need testing.)
Further down the ledge is your first challenge: a huge scaly green monster blocking entrance to the caves. Your mission is to return from Treasure Cave Mountain with one really big treasure.
- The verb EXAMINE is not supported in this game. Instead, everything the player needs to know about objects in the game is conveyed via the LOOK and INVENTORY commands. This means that the response to INVENTORY is often an infodump.
- All of the locations inside the Treasure Cave are synonyms for "Big Cave".
- Adventurer's Consumer Guide (Øyvind Thorsby; 14-May-2007; Glulx).
- Adventurer's Consumer Guide - at Baf's Guide.
- Adventurer's Consumer Guide - at IFDB
- Adventurer's Consumer Guide - raif thread, begun May 14, 2007.