|Author(s)||Michael S. Gentry|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
It is November 1997. A month ago your husband, Michael, had learned about a heretofore unknown branch of his family, and an inheritance waiting for him. Thus you have packed your things and arrived here, into the coastal village of Anchorhead, where the mansion of Michael's mysterious ancestors awaits its new residents.
The game begins as you are standing on the streets of Anchorhead, with the task of retrieving the mansion keys from the real estate agent's office, while your husband waits in the university. However, the agent doesn't seem to be in her office. It is raining. You are carrying an umbrella, wearing a trenchcoat over your clothes, and you have a wedding ring on your finger.
The game is set within H. P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos, and several plot points are clearly inspired by specific Lovecraft stories.
Trivia and Comments
- According to an interview on Game Couch, Michael Gentry plans a new version of Anchorhead that will be written in Inform 7.
- Anchorhead (Michael S. Gentry; 1998; Z-code 8).
- XYZZY Awards 1998: Winner of Best Setting. Finalist for Best Game, Best Individual NPC, Best Puzzles, Best Story, Best Writing.
- Anchorhead (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Anchorhead - at Home of the Underdogs.
- Anchorhead - at IFDB.