|Authoring system||Inform 7|
How It Begins
You are a father who has been away from his family for six months. Your wife, Randa, began telling a long story to your son, Danny, over the course of several nights. It's now your turn to continue the bedtime tale:
Prince George was charged by King Sean to rescue a princess. The prince dutifully traveled on his quest, until he encountered a bridge guarded by a troll. The Prince then ...?
- Uses a framing story where the protagonist is a father telling a story to his son; this part is in the usual second person and present tense. However, the framed story, which has a prince for the protagonist, is told in third person and past tense.
- The standard ">" prompt has been replaced with "The Prince then ", prompting player to enter their commands in the past tense, e.g.: "went east", "looked at the troll", etc., although normal commands will work as well.
- As with most IntroComp games, this game is incomplete.
- Bedtime story (Marius Müller as "Taleslinger"; 21-Aug-2008; Z-code 8).
- Release 1 / Serial number 080819 / Inform 7 build 5T18 (I6/v6.31 lib 6/12N)
- IFID: 09DFA578-9195-42BE-8482-2CAF99768813
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- IntroComp 2008: Honorable Mention.
- Download introcomp08.zip from the IF Archive - all the games from IntroComp 2008. The story file for this game is Bedtime story.z8.