Carolyn VanEseltine is a professional game developer living in the Boston area. She was credited most recently as a game designer on Giant Spacekat's iOS game Revolution 60. Previously, she was an associate producer at Harmonix Music Systems and a GameMaster at Simutronics.
Her IF and solo work are collected at Sibyl Moon, where she also keeps a game dev blog.
- Phoenix's Landing: Destiny (21-Aug-2008; Glulx). IntroComp 2008: Winner.
- One Eye Open (with Colin Sandel; 01-Oct-2010; Glulx). IF Comp 2010: 3rd place; Miss Congeniality: 3rd place (tie). XYZZY Awards 2010: Finalist, Best Game, Best Story, Best Setting, Best Puzzles, Best Individual Puzzle.
- Moonwrecked (with Colin Sandel; 09-Mar-2011; Z-code).
- Brain of the Night Guest (with Colin Sandel; 12-Mar-2011; Z-code). PAX East 2011 Speed-IF.
- Smoochiepoodle and the Bastion of Science (15-Apr-2011; Z-code). Speed-IF Jacket 4.
- Beet the Devil (01-Oct-2011; Glulx). IF Comp 2011: 7th place. XYZZY Awards 2011: Finalist, Best Individual NPC.
- What are Little Girls Made Of? (31-Oct-2011; Z-code). Ectocomp 2012: 2nd place.
- Ollie Ollie Oxen Free (29-Sep-2013; Glulx). IF Comp 2013: 3rd place; Miss Congeniality: 3rd place (tie). XYZZY Awards 2013: Winner, Best NPCs.
- Chemistry and Physics (with Colin Sandel; 31-Oct-2013; Twine). Ectocomp 2013: 2nd place. XYZZY Awards 2013: Finalist, Best Individual Puzzle.
- Fish Dreams (31-Oct-2013; Z-code). Ectocomp 2013: 13th place.
- Monkey and Bear (as "the opposite of sublimation"; 13-May-2014; Z-code). ShuffleComp: Commended entry. XYZZY Awards 2014: Finalist, Best Individual NPC.
- This Is A Real Thing That Happened (09-08-2014; Z-code).
- Homecoming (11-Sep-2014; Z-code).
- Wildflowers (11-Sep-2014; Z-code).
- Candlesmoke (with Caelyn Sandel; 31-Oct-2014; Twine). Ectocomp 2014: 1st place.
- Organizer for ParserComp (2015).
- One of the directors of the Interactive Fiction Technology Foundation.
- Welcome To Adventure: A Quick-Start Guide to Inform 7.
- Game design and story credits on Revolution 60 (publisher Giant Spacekat; 24-Jul-2014). Graphical iOS action-adventure game with a branching narrative.
- Wrote The Chessboard Lethologica (with Frank Wu; 24-Jul-2014). Worldbuilding companion book for Revolution 60, published on iBooks.
Sibyl Moon - Carolyn VanEseltine's homepage.
- Colin Sandel and Carolyn VanEseltine, Authors of One Eye Open - SPAG #60, April 25, 2011.
- A conversation with Carolyn VanEseltine by Hanon Ondricek in IFography #3, May 2015, pages 5-10.