Cloak of Darkness
|Cloak of Darkness|
|Authoring system||ADRIFT 3.8, plus several others|
|Platform(s)||ADRIFT 3.8, plus several others|
How It Begins
Our heroic adventurer finds themselves in the foyer of an elegant opera house.
There are many ports for this game, which is rather the point of it. This list is currently incomplete.
- Cloak of Darkness (porter: Campbell Wild; ADRIFT 3.8).
- Cloak of Darkness (porters: Stephen Griffiths and Thomas Nilsson [ALAN 3 port])
- Cloak of Darkness (porters: John Menichelli and Kent Tessman)
- Cloak of Darkness (porter: Alex Warren)
- Cloak of Darkness (porters: Dan Shiovitz and Todd Nathan)
Gamefic is an open source IF system entirely in the Ruby programming language. The "examples" folder contain an implementation of Cloak of Darkness.
In addition to ports of Cloak of Darkness for most significant authoring systems, there are some curiosities available for obscure or obsolete authoring systems as well as programming languages not designed to run interactive fiction
AWK is a programming language included with almost all implementations of UNIX and Linux, as well as available in several forms for Windows. It is designed to process and extract data from text files.
- Cloak of Darkness (porter: Nick Moffitt)
The Scott Adams system is a simple two-word parser system from the late 1970s for computers with as little as 16 kilobytes of memory. The system is less flexible and more difficult to program in than newer systems, but is extremely lightweight.