|Authoring system||Inform 7|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
Isn't it always like that? You spent a hot morning chivvying the plow and the Bishop up and down the north field. No satisfaction there -- it's just to turn in the clover. The view and the Bishop's hind end never change -- a mule's ass no matter what you call the mule, and Reverd Pearson has lectured you enough about calling him "the Bishop," but you figure he's your mule so you can call him what you like -- the mule, that is, not Reverd Pearson -- anyway, a whole morning and now it's time to chop the wood, and your good axe has gone missing.
Reverd Pearson would say you're a careless lunkhead who'd lose his ear if it wasn't nailed on. You figure he's right, a man of the cloth, but that doesn't mean piskeys didn't steal the thing. You know about piskeys.
Release 4 (Competition release)
- Cold Iron (Andrew Plotkin as "Lyman Clive Charles"; 01-Oct-2011; Z-code 8).
- Release 4 / Serial number 110909 / Inform 7 build 6G60 (I6/v6.32 lib 6/12N)
- IFID: 44CB5FD6-2293-4473-9784-6EC1CED280D2
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- IF Comp 2011: 15th place of 38 entries.
- XYZZY Awards 2011: Winner, Best Individual Puzzle (the Hat Mystery, also in The Life (and Deaths) of Doctor M, Last Day of Summer, and Playing Games).
- Download coldiron.z8 ( ftp, random) from the IF Archive.
- Play it online.
- Review by Sam Kabo Ashwell.
- Review (in German) by Martin Barth.
- Review by Mr Creosote.
- Review by George Dorn.
- Review by Elizabeth (runnerchild).
- Review by David Fletcher.
- Review by Christopher Huang.
- Review by JasonMel.
- Review by Jizaboz.
- Review by Amanda Lange.
- Review by Yoon Ha Lee.
- Review by Michael Martin.
- Review by Carl Muckenhoupt.
- Review by Ron Newcomb.
- Review by Emily Short.
- Review by Matt Weiner.
- Review by Matt Wigdahl.
- Review by Jake Wildstrom.