|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
The game begins with a verse in Latin, also translated into English, which is the incantation used to wake you from your grave.
You are a zombie, newly resurrected in a graveyard just outside the town of Doddsville. A young man in goth drag has summoned you to do his bidding. It's night; there's a full moon. The graveyard is surrounded by a fence with a gate, and contains your gravestone, other tombstones, trees, grass, etc.
As the young man begins to fiddle with some powder and liquid, he drops his spellbook. And you realize two things: one, you're not bound by his faulty Latin spell; and two, you're hungry.
- Hint menus.
- The maximum score is 13, one of which is a last lousy point.
- After you win the game, the AMUSING section tells you how to unlock a bonus variant version of the game where you try to find all 13 losing endings.
Trivia and Comments
- "COUNT GRASS" to learn there are 69,105 blades of grass in the graveyard.
- Technically, there are two locations in the game, but the game ends immediately on entering the second one.
Release 1 (IntroComp release)
- Deadsville (William McDuff; 24-Jul-2005; Z-code).
- Release 1 / Serial number 072305 / Inform v6.30 Library 6/11 S
- IFID: ZCODE-1-072305-B7B4
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- IntroComp 2005: 1st place of 6 games.
- Download introcomp05.zip from the IF Archive - All the games from IntroComp 2005.
Release 3 (Post-IntroComp release)
- Deadsville (William McDuff; Nov-2005; Z-code).
- Deadsville.z5 - the story file.
- deadsvillemap.pdf - a PDF map of the game.