For A Change
|For A Change|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
How It Begins
- The sun has gone. It must be brought. You have a rock.
You might be any faded and silent one, with a small stone (humble and true) in hand. You lie on the resting under the High Wall which looms to the east. The High Wall creates a shade filled with sweetness, and spread under this sweetness is an expanse of fod. A mobile releases to the west towards a tower, and a guidebook lies beside you on the resting. Until the sun is brought, the shade will prevail.
Trivia and Comments
- The opening line provided the obvious inspiration for the title of Your mind is gone, it must be brought, you have some rock candy. (Lenny Pitts; 1999; TADS 2) for Speed-IF 5.5.
- For A Change (Dan Schmidt; 1999; Z-code 5).
- Release 1 / Serial number 990930 / Inform v6.21 Library 6/9
- IFID wanted. (Please replace this line with a babel template.)
- IF Comp 1999: 2nd place of 37 entries. Also winner of Miss Congeniality that year.
- XYZZY Awards 1999: Winner of Best Writing. Finalist for Best Game, Best Individual Puzzle (stopping the flood), and Best Setting.
- Download change.z5 ( ftp, random) from the IF Archive - The story file.
- Play it online at ifiction.org.
- For a Change (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- For a Change - at IFDB.
- For a Change - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- For A Change - at SPAG.
- For a Change - at IF Ratings.
- Review - by Paul O'Brian.
- Review - by Dan Shiovitz.
- Review - by Duncan Stevens.