Gerry Kevin Wilson
(Redirected from G. Kevin Wilson)
G. Kevin Wilson works in the RPG industry and has written several essays on adventure-game design. He founded two of the institutions of the IF community. His nickname on the ifMUD (and elsewhere) is Whizzard.
- The Underoos that ate New York! (1994; TADS 2, Z-code). Finalist for Best NPCs at XYZZY Awards 1996.
- The Lesson of the Tortoise (1997; TADS 2).
- Sea of Night (1997; TADS 2).
- Once and Future a.k.a. Avalon (1998; TADS 2). Winner of Best NPCs at the XYZZY Awards 1998. Also a finalist for Best Use of Medium, Best Puzzles, Best Setting, and Best Game.
Review and Article Credits
- "Whizzard's Authorship Guide." The IF Archive, 1994.
- Founded SPAG in 1994, and was its editor for the first ten issues, ending with Issue 10 (February 13, 1997).
- Created The Annual IF Competition in 1995 and was its organizer for three years, ending with IF Comp 1997.
- Implementor of Zork: The Undiscovered Underground (Michael Berlyn and Marc Blank; publisher: Activision; 1997; Z-code).
- Was instrumental in getting the top three games from each category of the First Annual Interactive Fiction Competition included on the Activision 1996 commercial release of "Classic Text Adventure Masterpieces of Infocom"
As an NPC: