Guess the Verb!
|Guess the Verb!|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
How It Begins
You are an eleven-year-old visiting the the midway of the Avogadro County Fair for the first time without adult supervision. You feel curiously drawn to a Verb Guessing Booth which features a large wheel of fortune. The five parts of the wheel are labelled with different words: SCRUTINIZE, RECONFIGURE, FASTEN, DISEMBARK, and UNDO. The booth is manned by a natural language parser called Lalrry, a metallic contraption whose head is an Ethernet hub augmented with two surveillance cameras, a speaker, and a straw hat.
Seeing your interest, Lalrry asks if you're a BOY or a GIRL, then asks you for your name. Finally, he asks if you'd like to GUESS THE VERB!? One quarter will buy you a spin of the wheel. You are carrying a tarnished quarter, a corn dog, and your identity bracelet.
- Guess the Verb! (Leonard Richardson; 2000; Z-code 5).
- Other contributors: Mike Popovic who went above and beyond the call of beta-tester duty, writing an incredible number of the scenery descriptions and conversation topics that make the game come alive, in addition to designing the snazzy Guess The Verb! box and freebies.
- Testers: Mike Popovic, Joe Mahoney, and Celeste de Guzman.
- Release 1 / Serial number 861002 / Inform v6.15 Library 6/10
- IFID: ZCODE-1-861002
IFID links: IFDB, IFDB cover,
Babel metadata, Babel download, Babel cover.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- IF Comp 2000: 11th place of 53 entries.
- Download guess.z5 from the IF Archive.
- Download comp00guess.z5 from author's site.
- Guess the Verb! (Leonard Richardson; 10-Dec-2000; Z-code 5).
- Crummycom invites you to Guess the Verb! The game's homepage.
- Guess the Verb! (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Guess the Verb! - at IFDB.
- Guess the Verb! - at SPAG.
- Guess the Verb! - at IF Ratings.
- Review - by Paul O'Brian.
- Review - by Dan Shiovitz.