|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
It is the hottest summer of all time (or at least it feels that way now that your electricity has been cut off). Your lack of employment has finally caught up with you. Your funds have been depleted and your pockets are empty. Last month's essentials (cable television and Internet access) are now but sweet memories. The lack of air conditioning feels like the final straw. You were really hoping to starve to death at a comfortable 68 degrees.
Yesterday for lunch you boiled and ate two hot dog wieners. For dinner, you drank the water you boiled them in. (Mmm, "Hot Dog Soup".) So far your dignity has kept you from rummaging through trash cans for food, but it's starting to sound like a viable option. Just the thought of sinking your teeth into someone else's left over pizza crust makes your mouth water.
The current economy has made it hell for a spoiled, out-of-work computer programmer such as yourself to find work. It wasn't too long ago that a five-figure salary seemed beneath you; today, given your current state of affairs, you would accept four. It’s time to find a job and find some food, and find them today.
- Score. The best score is 11 points.
- Menu-based conversation, invoked via TALK TO commands. Uses Brendan Barnwell's OKBScript.
- HINT (or HELP) and CHEAT commands. HINT/HELP gives gentle nudges; CHEAT gives stronger spoilery suggestions. Both commands may be directed at specific objects, e.g. HINT COUCH or CHEAT PENCIL.
Trivia and Comments
- Hangar 22 is dedicated to Jason Scott, Robb Sherwin, Sam Patterson, Scott Adams, and the author's father, Denny O'Hara, who introduced the author to his first text adventure at the age of seven.
- Hangar 22 (Rob O'Hara; 08-Nov-2011; Z-code 5).
- Testers: Robb Sherwin, Jeff Martin, Ian Morris, Joe Ratulowski, Matt Roark, NZ17, Seth Spurlock, and multiple members of the Jolt Country and Gas Chamber forum.
- Copyright (c) 2011 by Rob O'Hara -- Final Build 1.0 (6/17/11 13:00)
Release 1 / Serial number 110617 / Inform v6.31 Library 6/11 S
- IFID: ZCODE-1-110617-D84E
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- Download hangar_22.z5 ( ftp, random) from the IF Archive.