3rd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition
(Redirected from IF Comp 1997)
The 3rd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition was organized by G. Kevin Wilson.
1997 IF Comp Results
- The Edifice (Lucian P. Smith; Z-code).
- Babel (Ian Finley; TADS 2).
- Glowgrass (Nate Cull; TADS 2).
- She's Got a Thing for a Spring (Brent VanFossen; Z-code).
- A Bear's Night Out (David Dyte; Z-code).
- Sunset Over Savannah (Ivan Cockrum; TADS 2).
- Poor Zefron's Almanac (Carl Klutzke; TADS 2).
- The Lost Spellmaker (Neil Brown; Z-code).
- Sins Against Mimesis (Adam Thornton as "One of The Bruces"; Z-code).
- A New Day (Jonathan Fry; Z-code).
- Zero Sum Game (Cody Sandifer; TADS 2).
- Zombie! (Scott W. Starkey; TADS 2).
- The Frenetic Five vs. Sturm und Drang (Neil deMause; TADS 2).
- Travels in the Land of Erden (Laura A. Knauth; Z-code).
- Unholy Grail (Stuart Allen; JACL).
- Friday Afternoon (Mischa Schweitzer; Z-code).
- Madame L'Estrange and the Troubled Spirit (Ian Ball and Marcus Young; Z-code).
- Sylenius Mysterium (C. E. Forman as "whomever wrote it"; Z-code).
- Phred Phontious and the Quest for Pizza (Michael Zey; Z-code).
- Down (Kent Tessman; Hugo).
- VirtuaTech (David Glasser; TADS 2).
- The Obscene Quest of Dr. Aardvarkbarf (Gary Roggin; TADS 2).
- A Good Breakfast (Stuart Adair; Z-code).
- The Town Dragon (David Cornelson; Z-code).
- The Tempest (Graham Nelson; Z-code).
- Temple of the Orc Mage (Gary Roggin; TADS 2).
- E-Mailbox (Jay Goemmer; AGT).
- Pintown (Stefan Blixt; Z-code).
- Leaves (Mikko Vuorinen; Alan).
- Congratulations! (Frederick Hirsch; Z-code).
- CASK (Harry M. Hardjono; Z-code).
- Symetry (Ryan Stevens as "Rybread Celsius"; Z-code).
- Aunt Nancy's House (Nate Schwartzman; Z-code).
- Coming Home (Andrew Katz; Z-code).
Miss Congeniality Awards
No awards were made in 1997.
- Reviews by Suzanne Britton
- Brief comments by Neil Brown
- Reviews by Adam Cadre
- Superbrief hits by Lelah Conrad
- Brief comments by David Dyte
- Reviews: 1, 2, 3 and 4 by C.E. Forman
- Reviews by John Francis
- Dead link to reviews by Phoebe M. Fuentes
- Brief comments by David Glasser
- Reviews by Russell Glasser
- Reviews by Steven Howard
- Reviews by Mary K. Kuhner
- Reviews by Dennis Matheson
- Brief comments by Brock Kevin Nambo
- Reviews by Paul O'Brian
- Reviews by Brad O'Donnell
- Reviews: 1, 2 and 3 by Marnie Parker
- Reviews by Andrew Plotkin
- Votes and Some Awards by Gunther Schmidl
- Personal Notes about the Competition by Miron Schmidt
- Competition Thoughts by Duncan Stevens
- Reviews: 1 and 2 by Michael Straight
- Brief reviews by Adam Thornton
- Reviews: Intro, 1, 2, 3 and 4 by Christine Simoes Tilden
- Reviews by Roger Burton West