IF Whispers is an experimental (and not entirely serious) method of writing collaborative IF, similar to Speed-IF. Each participant codes a section of a game in sequence, only seeing the section of code immediately before their own. If managed correctly, this results in a game that is playable, but makes little sense in terms of plot.
Authors are listed in the order that their sections were written.
1st IF Whispers Project
- The Corn Identity (the 1st IF Whispers Team: Carl Muckenhoupt, Serhei Makarov, Tama Wise, J. Robinson Wheeler, Alexandre Owen Muñiz, Admiral Jota, Andrew Schepler, Jacqueline A. Lott and Sam Kabo Ashwell, Dan Shiovitz, John Cater and Duchess, and Mark Musante; 2005; Z-code). Written in Inform 6. See The Corn Identity homepage.
2nd IF Whispers Project
- An Escape To Remember (the 2nd IF Whispers Team: Dan Shiovitz, Sean Barrett, N. B. Horvath, Mark Musante, Roger Carbol, Mordechai Shinefield, Tom Blawgus, Lucian Smith, Ricardo Dague, Carl Muckenhoupt, Josh Giesbrecht, Karl Parakenings, John Cater, and Jeremy Douglass; 04-Jul-2006; Z-code). Written in Inform 7. See the An Escape To Remember homepage for the story file and source text.
3rd IF Whispers Project
- House of Dream of Moon (the 3rd IF Whispers Team: Tom Blawgus, Carl Muckenhoupt, Ricardo Dague, Sam Kabo Ashwell, Jacqueline A. Lott, Mark J. Musante, Lucian Smith, Admiral Jota, Marius Müller as "Taleslinger", and N. B. Horvath; 06-Dec-2007; Z-code). Written in Inform 7. See the House of Dream of Moon homepage for the story file and source text.
4th IF Whispers Project
- What Happens in Vagueness ("The IFW4 Team": Tom Blawgus, Sam Kabo Ashwell, Justin Larue, Marius Müller, Carl Muckenhoupt, Michael Martin, N. B. Horvath, Jacqueline A. Lott, Brian Rapp, and Mark Musante; 26-Aug-2008; Z-code). Written in Inform 7. See the What Happens in Vagueness homepage for the story file and source text.
5th IF Whispers Project
- IF Whispers 5 (the 5th IF Whispers Team: Chris Conley, Joey Jones, Marius Müller, Tom Blawgus and Porpentine; 11-Mar-2012; Z-code.) Written in Inform 7. See the Whispers 5 page for story file and source text.
- IF Progressive, a project very similar to IF Whispers except that authors are able to see all of the code so far, not just the code written by the previous author.