Indigo New Language Speed-IF
I'm organizing another speed-IF hot on the heels of our last one. Here are the constraints:
- You must code in a programming language you've never written a game in before (half-hearted pokes at a language don't count, but ever having the thought, "Okay, let's try programming a game in X" counts).
- Games must be in English.
- The game must be loosely themed around the word 'indigo'.
- Deadline, given that you're using a new language and may need extra time, is two weeks instead of two hours. Entries due to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the month (midnight Alaskan, April 30th).
Ten games were released on 07-May-2011 and played by ClubFloyd that day:
- The Blue Death (Eric Forgeot as "Otto Grimwald"; textallion and txt2cyoa; Web browser);
- The Cavity of Time (Sam Kabo Ashwell; Undum; Web browser);
- Haunted House (rockersuke; Inform 7; Z-code).
- In Memory (Jacqueline A. Lott; ADRIFT 4).
- IN-D-I-GO SOUL (Jonathan Blask as "Roody Yogurt"; Alan 3).
- Indigo (Emily Short; TADS 3).
- The Matter of the Monster (Andrew Plotkin; Undum; Web browser);
- The Singular Adventure of the Indigo Violet (David Fletcher; Curveship).
- Painting the Rainbow (Royce Odle; TADS 3).
- The Price (Chris Conley; ChoiceScript; Web browser).
- Indigo New Language Speed-IF. Announcement and discussion at intfiction.org.