List of statements in Inform 7
This is a rough, incomplete, in-progress summary of statements in Inform 7. I've used "..." to mean there's more to the statement that I haven't figured out yet. This first draft is simply to give a heads-up of what sort of thing I'm looking for for this page.
The BNF summary somewhere in the I7 manual may be helpful for this, but I want to see something a bit more human-readable here, something similar to Appendix A? in the DM4. Ultimately, this page will hopefully be part of a set of pages comparable to "Inform in four minutes" by Roger Firth. -- David Welbourn 08:30, 11 May 2008 (PDT)
List of Standalone Statements (Assertions)
- Verbing is an action applying to [ nothing | number kind(s) ] .
- Definition: something is adjective (rather than adjective) if condition-using-it .
- The verb imperative-verbform (( pronoun-with-verbforms )) implies the [ (reversed) relation relation | property property ] .
- Include extension (by author) .
- Include (- Inform-6-code -) (when defining something) .
- Kind(s) is/are (a) kind of kind .
- (The) property (of something) is value .
- Relation relates (one/various) kind(s) (( called localvar )) to [ (one/various) kind(s) (( called localvar )) | another | each other (in groups) ] .
- Release along with release-options .
- (A) (rule for) ((the) first/last) rulebook (about/for/of/on/rule) (verbing ((prep) something (prep something))) (when/while condition) (during scene) (( this is the rule )) : phrases .
- Something(s) is/are (adjectives) kind(s) .
- This is the rule : phrases
- To whatever : phrases .
- To decide if/whether whatever : phrases
- To decide which/what ... is whatever : phrases
- Token specifies a/an kind (with parts parts) .
- Understand string as something .
- Use use-options .
List of Dependent Statements (Phrases)
- abide by rule/rulebook
- accept the result of rule/rulebook
- change variable to value-expression
- consider rule/rulebook (for something)
- decrease variable by value-expression
- if condition , statement
- ignore rule/rulebook
- increase variable by value-expression
- instead statement
[or] statement instead
- let variable be value-expression
- move rule to before/after rule
- now condition
- reinstate rule/rulebook
- reject the result of rule/rulebook
- repeat through table begin ; statements ; end repeat
- restore the original rule
- say string
- substitute rule for rule
- try verbing ((prep) something (prep something)) (silently)