My Girlfriend's An Evil Bitch
Wilderness / Survival
|My Girlfriend's An Evil Bitch|
|Authoring system||Inform 7|
How It Begins
The game starts out, as many do, in the bedroom of the protagonist, a very typical, if not cliché beginning. The original name of the game, before it was published, was “Another Day”. The intent of this kind of start was to give the player the sense that you’re just living another boring day in the life of the character. However the events of the day would prove to be anything but ordinary.
- Ability to buy and sell items. Some items can only be obtained by purchasing. Others have no use to you other than to sell.
- A crafting element allows the player to create items by combining other items together.
- There are a small number of optional quests which can only be solved by looking for clues that aren't present in the game, yet the game hints at where you might find the clue.
- The player might encounter a character that will give you answers to various questions in exchange for items.
- Although the game has a "hint" system, more hints can be found in a book store, if you have the money to buy the books.
- The game features a sub-quest called the Shadow Cave that might be experienced by some players, depending on your actions.
- There are multiple ways to get to the final chapter, one of which has a random chance of killing you.
- The player may experience listening to an old time radio program, this is a transcript of "The Creaking Door: Alive in the Grave"
A full change-log is available for versions between (and including) 3 through 11, however the details of the changes spoil the game play. The game is currently in Release 13. This is a stable (non-beta) version. The game was first released to the public at Release 3 in an effort to get player feedback to locate bugs.
Release 3 (first Beta release)
- My Girlfriend's An Evil Bitch (Divarin; 23-Mar-2011; Glulx).
Release 7 (Beta)
- My Girlfriend's An Evil Bitch (Divarin; 01-Apr-2011; Glulx).
Release 8 (Beta)
- My Girlfriend's An Evil Bitch (Divarin; 08-Apr-2011; Glulx).
Release 9 (Beta)
- My Girlfriend's An Evil Bitch (Divarin; 09-Apr-2011; Glulx).
- My Girlfriend's An Evil Bitch (Divarin; 14-May-2011; Glulx).
"My Girlfriend's an Evil Bitch" has received unfavorable reviews because it was released too early for beta testing. This may highlight the difference in mindset between software developers and authors of literature. I believe that the best way to find bugs is to get the work out there as soon as possible, while authors are typically more likely to try to perfect their works first before exposing it to the outside world.
Despite the title there is no profanity in the game, although the word "Bitch" does come up once again in the end.
- Release 13 homepage.
- My Girlfriend's An Evil Bitch - at IFDB.
- My Girlfriend's An Evil Bitch - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).