|Authoring system||Inform 7|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
At last, you made it! Who the hell decided PotionComp should be in the middle of Iceland? If you were going to waste half the night flying over the Atlantic, it could have at least been in Ireland where they have pixie squishing. There's nothing in Iceland but rocks, snow, and obnoxiously friendly people.
A witch's warding spell emanates from a cabin on the ground below, keeping the humans away. You kick your broom and descend, landing with a crunch on the snow. Hmmm... The cabin is really tiny. Like, REALLY tiny. It's hard enough to fit in with the other witches when you aren't literally trying to fit in with the other witches.
UGH. Okay, Opal, enough complaining. You want to beat Grusilda and win this competition, right? Time to buck up and deal. Taking a deep breath, you sashay through the door.
- Oppositely Opal (Buster Hudson; Glulx).
- Testers: Andrew Schultz, Arthur O'Dwyer, Caelyn Sandel, Nick Gauthier, and Toby Ott.
- Release 1 / Serial number 150214 / Inform 7 build 6L38 (I6/v6.33 lib 6/12N)
- IFID: EC08A4FB-02F1-471B-AB59-117A5CB70AD3
IFID links: IFDB, IFDB cover,
Babel metadata, Babel download, Babel cover.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- ParserComp 2015: 1st place of 14 entries for Best Puzzles; 1st place for Best Technical; 2nd place for Best Overall; 2nd place for Best Writing; 2nd place for Best Story.
- XYZZY Awards 2015: Finalist for Best Individual Puzzle, Best Puzzles, Best Individual PC.
- Download oppositely-opal.gblorb from the IF Archive.