|Authoring system||Inform 7|
How It Begins
It’s been a long day of squeezing and squirming through the corridors of the Aegis mining station. After four conduit repairs, three data integrity checks and a host of valve replacements, you’re ready for a shower. It’s work like this that could earn you a promotion...
Suddenly, the station is rocked by an explosion.
It knocks you off your feet and nearly down a jefferies tube, but you barely manage to hold on. Your toolbox slides into the tube and crashes 20 feet below. The sound echoes all around you, and then there is only dead silence.
What the hell happened? Your thoughts turn to the striking miners, or turncoats as the Captain calls them. They had shut themselves off in the south wing two weeks ago, determined not to drill one more cent of ore until their terms were met: higher wages, reasonable working hours, more reliable drill suits.
The Captain didn’t bend, of course, and with the guile sure to win him a pay raise he shut the pressure hatches to the entire area. The 58 workers would be completely isolated until the Empire sent in their negotiating squad, along with a replacement team.
But what were the strikers trying to do, blow up the station? Something isn’t right.
You tuck in your technician uniform and take a breath. The Galactic Empire trained you to remain calm in crisis situations like this.
From somewhere below, you hear the hiss of steam as a pipe bursts. It’s gonna be a long night.
- Oxygen (Benjamin Sokal; 01-Oct-2010; Glulx).
- Release 1 / Serial number 100930 / Inform 7 build 6E72 (I6/v6.31 lib 6/12N)
- IFID: 930BEB2F-9FAC-4F64-BF71-DE6E3618C1A2
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- IF Comp 2010: 12th place of 26 entries.
- Download Oxygen.gblorb ( ftp, random) from the IF Archive. The story file.
- Baf's Guide line wanted. (Please replace this line with a baf game template.).
- Oxygen - at IFDB.
- Oxygen - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Review by Sam Kabo Ashwell.
- Review by Martin Barth (in German).
- Review by Brad Buchanan.
- Review by Conrad.
- Review by Dark Star.
- Review by Ben Dixon.
- Review by Shane Fitzgerald-Gale.
- Review by Victor Gijsbers.
- Review by Gravel.
- Review by Christopher Huang.
- Review by Admiral Jota.
- Review by Yoon Ha Lee.
- Review by Jacqueline A. Lott.
- Review by Michael Martin.
- Review by Iain Merrick.
- Review by Wendy Moon.
- Review by Carl Muckenhoupt.
- Review by Steven Odhner.
- Review by Jenni Polodna.
- Review by Brooks Reeves.
- Review by Chris Odhner.
- Review by Dan Shiovitz.
- Review by Emily Short.
- Review by Skeet.