An interactive war on terror by nespresso
|Authoring system||Inform 7|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
You are an "interrogator", carrying nothing, in a makeshift interrogation chamber. The room is bare, except for the door to the south and your prisoner, Abdul, a terrorist captured in an insurgency in the east. Abdul huddles naked in the corner, helpless but defiant. You have been given the plum assignment of "questioning", that is, torturing the prisoner.
The game plays with the medium by forcing the player to confront their own complicity. As a result, it has been discussed academically at Cambridge University and at the Association for Computing Machinery's Hypertext 2007 conference.
- rendition (nespresso; May-2007; Z-code 5).
- Release 1 / Serial number 070407 / Inform 7 build 4S08 (I6/v6.31 lib 6/11N)
- IFID: B0ED5D09-E8DC-49C8-97BE-D347FFBB9054
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- Beta-testing by Andrea Crain and George Oliver.
- 2007 IF Art Show: Portrait Division entry.
- Download rendition.z5 ( ftp, random) from the IF Archive
- Or download art2007.zip from the IF Art Show site. The zipfile contains entries for all the entries in the 2007 IF Art Show. The story file for this game is rendition.z5.