Slap That Fish
|Slap That Fish|
|Authoring system||TADS 2|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
You are being followed by a bunch of mean fish--but you're not going to run away this time. And so you wait for them in an alley, ready to slap, punch, kick and backhand them until they die.
- You have to defeat a series of fish in combat. These combats are not random, but are puzzles where you have to find out the optimal technique for killing that particular opponent.
- There is an optimal way of defeating each fish which will give you the greatest number of points. However, you can also defeat the fish in less optimal ways. You will be able to win, but you won't gain the maximum score.
- Slap That Fish (Peter Nepstad; 30-Sep-2007; TADS 2).
- Competition Version, Release 1.0 092907.
- IFID: 414c6579-b5b9-3667-3749-ec71a0064c02
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.).
- IF Comp 2007: 19th place of 27 entries.
- XYZZY Awards 2007: Finalist in 3 categories: Best NPCs, Best Individual Puzzle (beating the shark), and Best Use of Medium.
- Download slapthatfish.gam ( ftp, random) from the IF Archive.
- Slap That Fish (Peter Nepstad; 20-Nov-2007; TADS 2).
- Review by Sam Kabo Ashwell.
- Review by Daphne Brinkerhoff.
- Review by J. D. Clemens.
- Review by Dave.
- Review by Andreas Davour.
- Review by Jason Dyer.
- Review by David Fletcher.
- Review (old link) by Dr. Froth.
- Review by Hipolito.
- Review by N. B. Horvath.
- Review by Denis Klotz.
- Review (in Russian), (English translation) by Valentine Kopteltsev (uux).
- Review by Jacqueline A. Lott.
- Review by Jimmy Maher.
- Review by Michael Martin.
- Review by Rob Menke.
- Review by Wendy Moon.
- Review by Carl Muckenhoupt.
- Review by Wesley Osam.
- Review by Marnie Parker.
- IFDB review by Tracy Poff.
- Review by Dan Shiovitz.
- Review and IFDB review by Emily Short.
- Review by Mike Snyder.
- Review by Benjamin Sokal.
- Review by Mark J. Tilford.
- Review by David Whyld.
- Review by Jake Wildstrom.