|Authoring system||Inform 7|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
First, a quote by Anton Chekov: "If you show a gun in the first scene, it better go off by the last."
You are Marianne, a young woman dressed more fancily than normally: white blouse and red skirt, and your blonde hair is tied up in a bun—you look like a southern belle. You are in a parlour room decorated with furnishings from your family, including a piano, couch, rug, table, and oil painting. A window is in the north wall, and the exit is south... to the auditorium.
The parlour room is a stage setting. Perhaps there's something more that needs to be done there before the play can begin?
- The verb "think" will sometimes make helpful suggestions if you're stuck.
- Southern Gothic (Mordechai Shinefield; 17-Jul-2006; Z-code).
- Release 1 / Serial number 060702 / Inform 7 build 3M43 (I6/v6.31 lib 6/10N)
- IFID: 1B436BC0-AD0C-4DE0-BA89-3ED9CF454AC5
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- IntroComp 2006: Winner. (7 games were in the competition.)
- Download introcomp06.zip ( ftp, random) from the IF Archive - all the IntroComp 2006 games.
Note: The story file for this game is Southern Gothic.zblorb.