Spider And Web
|Spider And Web|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
How It Begins
You have travelled to an unidentified country; the opening paragraph describes its beautiful scenery. Currently, however, you're in a near-featureless dead-end alley, facing a plain metal door. The PC is ambiguous, and carrying nothing of importance.
- Heavy and innovative use of flashback, frame story and unreliable narrator.
- Intentionally employs knowledge conflict for dramatic effect.
Trivia and Comments
- This game inspired the titles and structures of the following games:
- Spider And Web (Andrew Plotkin; 1998; Z-code 5).
- Release 4 / Serial number 980226 / Inform v6.14
- IFID wanted. (Please replace this line with a babel template.)
- XYZZY Awards 1998: Winner of Best Game, Best Puzzles, Best Individual NPC (the interrogator), Best Individual Puzzle (getting out of the chair), Best Use of Medium. Finalist for Best Individual PC (the agent), Best Setting, Best Story, Best Writing.