Talk:ADRIFT Spring Comp 2002
I hate to disagree with the ShadowVault data, but I have a copy of Adrift minicomp.zip which contains both the judging form and a readme file. The former wants forms returned by "Midday Sunday 25 August 2002", and the latter refers to this comp as "KF's Adrift Summer Minicomp 2002". So it's definitely the Summer Comp, not the Spring Comp. -- David Welbourn 05:51, 6 Nov 2005 (Central Standard Time)
- The release dates of the games does seem to bear this out. On checking the entry for Professor Von Witt's Fabulous Flying Machine on the main Adrift site it does say, 'Winner of the Adrift Summer
Minicomp 2002'. Richard Otter 12:57, 6-Nov-2005 (GMT).
- Not sure why this has been renamed to the Spring Comp 2002. I wasn't around at the time but all available evidence points to the fact that both these games entered the Summer 2002 Comp. I will quote another source of information. Issue 1 of the DRIFTERS MONTHLY refers to KF's Summer MiniComp which had only two entries Professor Von Witt's Fabulous Flying Machine and Goldilocks Is A Fox. Richard Otter 14:47, 13-Apr-2009 (GMT).
- I agree with Richard Otter; see also the links I mentioned at Talk:ADRIFT Summer Comp 2002.
- And here's another Internet Archive link which might make things clearer: Adrift diary of events (2002). I think that the "ADRIFT Spring Comp 2002" was actually one of these:
--Eriorg 17:47, 14 April 2009 (PDT)
- Drat. You get one bit of misinformation, and it persists. Sorry, guys. Looks like I made a mistake (again) and will have to fix it. -- David Welbourn 18:24, 14 April 2009 (PDT)
- Okay. Let's see if I can explain myself at all. I'm attempting to create a list of every IF competition there ever was on my ifindex page at Key & Compass. And I had info for an ADRIFT Spring Comp 2001 and ADRIFT Spring Comp 2003, so there was an unexplained break. Plus I had a link for something called Adrift Annual Comp in 2002. And ShadowVault had the games for the Summer Comp 2002 listed under the Spring Comp. So, massive confusion.
With the newest evidence, especially that calendar page of KF's, I can only conclude there wasn't an ADRIFT Spring Comp in 2002, as such, but... why did KF create a new "inaugural" Annual comp in the same time period that year? Or did someone else, not KF, do the Spring Comp in 2001, and he came up with the Annual Comp instead? (And did Bryan Miller more or less get the same idea?) Sigh. I should just email KF about it, shouldn't I? -- David Welbourn 19:34, 14 April 2009 (PDT)