Do we really want to link to the "Informless" review? It's not that I mind criticisms of Inform 7, but what I do mind are utterly clueless and unfair reviews. It hardly seems worth anyone's time to follow that link and find out that the reviewers interpreted the "natural language" claim wrongly and smash Inform 7 because of their own wrong expectations. VictorGijsbers 05:21, 7 February 2008 (PST)
- Personally, in game pages at least, I prefer to add all the reviews I can (except extremely short ones which aren't part of a bigger set of reviews), even when they seem unfair or pointless to me. Because it's often a subjective judgment, and because there aren't that many reviews of IF games anyway.
- For authoring systems, it might be different, but I doubt it: the list of reviews links on this page certainly isn't unmanageably long. I think we should add links to other, better Inform 7 reviews if we can find them, not remove the link.
- (By the way: I wonder if Some Observations on Using Inform 7 should be in another section? Emily Short is a co-author of Inform 7, so it's not exactly a review...)
- I do think this Inform 7 page isn't entirely satisfying, but I don't know enough about Inform 7 to modify it myself... (I did add the authors of the language some time ago, though.) I'd prefer a bit more info about the language itself and maybe a bit less about the early Inform 7 games (and if there must be a section about games, then we could at least add some more recent notable games). --Eriorg 09:44, 7 February 2008 (PST)
- I'm hoping to eventually see more information on all major authoring systems in IFWiki. Once someone has finally found the time to write up more about Inform 7 itself, the information about early I7 games and dates/codes of releases can be moved to a History of Inform 7 page. (But it makes no sense for me to move that now and leave the Inform 7 page itself mostly empty!) Organizing how to document Inform 7 more fully will be in a forthcoming IFWiki:I7 project page. -- David Welbourn 17:33, 4 March 2008 (PST)
Code snippets comment (moved from content page)
I started this section before speaking to Graham Nelson about how we might share code examples. He said he had thought about the idea, but wanted to ponder it some more. If and when he decides to do something, I will likely alter this section. In the meantime, examples are welcome. --David Cornelson 21:27, 13 May 2006 (EST)