The seventy-fourth Speed-IF, Thanksgiving Speed-IF ran from November 11 to 27, 2011. The organizer is Justin de Vesine a.k.a. vimes. The games were promptly played by ClubFloyd on Sunday afternoon, November 27, 2011.
A speed-IF! A veritable feast! Using the following inventory items, based on a list of photographed items from Grocible's book-in-progress:
a top hat. a dragonfly*. a small crystal ball. two optical prisms. a water pistol. a magnifying glass. a bowtie. a jar of silica. a polished piece of labradorite. a bow and arrow. an archer's arm guard. a bismuth crystal.
Email or mudmail entries to vimes by noon-ish MUD time on Sunday the 27th of November. Sign here for intent.
Six games were released on November 27, 2011:
- The Crystal Palace (Peter Orme; Z-code).
- Dragon Flies Like Labradorite (Troy Jones III; Z-code).
- The extraordinary events of the last day of Professor Mangleworth ("Taleslinger"; Z-code).
- To Catch A Dragonfly (Andrew Metzger; TADS 3).
- You are a Turkey! (Jacqueline A. Lott; Z-code).
- Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it (Justin de Vesine; Glulx).
- Download SpeedIF_Thanksgiving.zip from the IF Archive. Contains all 6 games.
- Thanksgiving Speed-IF. Announcement and discussion at intfiction.org, beginning at November 11, 2011.