- This page is about the game published by Melbourne House.
- For other games called The Hobbit, see The Hobbit (disambiguation).
From page 2 of the Apple II version doctumentation, published by Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-11156-X:
The Hobbit program is copyright © Beam Software 1982, 1985.
The Hobbit documentation is copyright © 1985 by Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Inc.
The Hobbit Software Adventure is published jointly in the United States by Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Inc., Reading, Massachusettes, and Melbourne House Software, Inc.
The program structure was developed as a group effort by Philip Mitchel and Veronica Megler with Alfred Milgrom and Stuart Ritchie over a period of eighteen months. The Commodore 64, Apple II family, and IBM PC versions were executed by Philip Mitchel, Greg Barnett, Peter Beresford, and Gerard Neil.
Graphics designed by Russell Comte, Greg Holland, and Paul Mitchell. Music composed by Neil Brennan (Commodore 64 version only). Package design by Martha Lehtola-Swanson. Documentation design by Douglass Scott. Reference card illustrations by Ruth Linstromberg.
- The Hobbit (archived) - at Baf's Guide
- The Hobbit - at IFDB
- The Hobbit / The Hobbit Software Adventure - at Tolkien computer games.
- The Hobbit - at World of Spectrum.
- The Hobbit - at MobyGames.
- The Hobbit (video game) - at Wikipedia.
- Review - by David Jones for SPAG #38.
- Review (View HTML), (View PDF) - by David Whyld for InsideADRIFT Issue 17, July 2004.
- The Hobbit - at IF Ratings