The Possibility of Life's Destruction
|The Possibility of Life's Destruction|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
How It Begins
A two-line poem entitled "Metamorphosis" is displayed.
- Not standard IF. The player character, if he or she can be said to exist, is a reader of poems, and instead of rooms, we have short poems.
- Most standard commands are disabled, except for look, version, and quit. However, some of the words from the poems can be used as one-word commands, as per The Space Under the Window (Andrew Plotkin; 1997; Z-code). However, instead of altering the current narrative, these new commands simply move the PC to a new poem-room.
- The work ends when all three poems have been seen.
- The Possibility of Life's Destruction (Gunther Schmidl; 1999; Z-code 5).
- Release 1 / Serial number 990417 / Inform v6.20 Library 6/8
- IFID: ZCODE-1-990417-10CA
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- 1999 Spring IF Art Show: Entry in the Landscape division.
- Download tpold.z5 from the IF Archive. The story file.
- The Possibility of Life's Destruction (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- The Possibility of Life's Destruction - at IFDB.