The Sound of One Hand Clapping
The Sound of One Hand Clapping - a Riddle in Subtlety.
|The Sound of One Hand Clapping|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
You are Ginseng, a young man carrying nothing. You are walking through a windswept field, full of life, towards the serene temple to the west. There, the aged priestess tells you that Black Dragon has returned to the World Beyond, its folk banished and replaced by dragons. The dragons hold the keys that will restore the hope which was lost. It is your task to deal slyly with the dragons and restore that hope.
If you agree to the task, the priestess transports you to the World Beyond. There, at the Moon Gate, you will find a silk headband and your old walking staff, and your hero's task will truly begin.
- The Sound of One Hand Clapping (Erica Sadun; 1993; AdvSys).
The distributions contain the following files:
- ADVINT.EXE - The AdvSys interpreter (DOS distribution only).
- ANNOUNCE - A gimmicky announcement text file meant to displayed on ANSI terminals that support cursor positioning via escape sequences.
- LICENCE.TXT - Non-transferable shareware license statement (requested fee is $10 USD), and author's address.
- MANUAL.PS - Game manual in PostScript format.
- ONEHAND.DAT - AdvSys data file for The Sound of One Hand Clapping.
- PIRATE.DAT - AdvSys data file for Pirating.
- README.1ST - Text file containing a request to purchase the game, the "packing list" of files included with the distributions, and the acknowledgements to the game's testers.
- SITES.FTP - Text file containing a then-current, now out-of-date, listing of sites where one can download the official AdvSys distribution.
- SOURCES.TAR.Z - AdvSys interpreter sources (Unix distribution only).
- SOURCES.ZIP - AdvSys interpreters sources (DOS distribution only).
- VERSION - Very short text file stating the release version (release 1a).
- The Sound of One Hand Clapping (archived) - at Baf's Guide
- TUID wanted. (Please replace this line with a ifdb game template.)