A text recording a sequence of player commands and the responses from the game. Transcripts are useful for quoting games for reference and also for beta-testing, since the author can then review transcripts to determine what went wrong for his testers in the course of the game.
- ClubFloyd transcripts. Transcripts of ClubFloyd's IF group-gaming sessions, maintained by Jacqueline A. Lott.
- Whom The Playing Changed: An Analysis of 72 Player Transcripts and Blue Lacuna Transcripts Analyzed. Newbies playing Aaron A. Reed's games at the Slamdance Guerilla Gamemaker Competition and at IndieCade 2010.
- Shadow Vault walkthroughs. Transcripts from many ADRIFT works, maintained by David Whyld.
- Transcripts by Lucian P. Smith.
- IF Transcript Beautifier as an online utility that converts a text transcript into HTML, created by Juhana Leinonen.
- Transmatte: An IF Excerpter. Transmatte is a Python utility that combines variations on an IF transcript into a single CYOA-like HTML page, so that an excerpt from a game can be presented along with a few relevant branching options. Written by Andrew Plotkin.