How It Begins
The game opens with "Day One" and quotes Hebrews 13:2. "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers; for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." You are a monk, in the monastery of Saint Cuthbert's; where and exactly when is unspecified. Five days ago you shut the monastery gates to keep out the plague, but now most of the monks have died anyway. The bell rings six for Vespers; you are in your small, dark bedroom. You do not have the plague yet, and are carrying a candle and tinderbox, and wearing a frock.
- Multiple endings determined by behaviour throughout the play session.
- Vespers (Jason Devlin; 01-Oct-2005; Z-code 8).
- Vespers (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Vespers - at IF Ratings.
- Vespers - at IFDB.
- Vespers - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Vespers - at Home of the Underdogs.