|Authoring system||Inform 7|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
- Violet (Jeremy Freese; 01-Oct-2008; Z-code).
- Release 1
- Beta-testing by Gemma Bristow, Corey Colyer, James Cunningham, Benji Dahood, Molly Geene, Dan Hirschman, Javri, Tiffany Julian, Sarah Morayati, Carl Muckenhoupt, Lucy Pigpuppet, Reiko, Thomas Say, Stephan Schonberg and Ramona White.
- IFID: 12110E65-BABB-4C67-B047-1C7BA122CAF9
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- IF Comp 2008: 1st place of 35 entries.
- XYZZY Awards 2008. Winner of 4 awards: Best Game, Best Writing, Best Individual Puzzle (Disconnecting the Internet/Getting rid of the key), and Best Individual NPC (Violet). Was also a finalist in 5 other categories: Best Story, Best Setting, Best Puzzles, Best NPCs, and Best Use of Medium.
- Violet (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Violet - at IFDB.
- Violet - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Review by Anna Anthropy.
- Review by Sam Kabo Ashwell.
- Review by Stephen Bond.
- Review by Cesia.
- Review by Riff Conner.
- Review by Scatman Dan.
- Review by Dark Star.
- Review by David DeBolt.
- Review by Ben Dixon.
- Review by George Dorn.
- Review by David Fletcher.
- Review by Kieron Gillen.
- Review by Jennifer Jennings.
- Exploring the 'Best Games': Violet, by Jeremy Freese - by Mathbrush.
- Review by Nick Montfort.
- Review by PixelVixen707.
- Review by George Shannon (newlin).
- Review by P. F. Sheckarski.
- Review at Jay Is Games and review (blog) by Emily Short.