This article is about the Z-code game by Laura Knauth. For the Spectrum game by Incentive Software, see Winter Wonderland (by Incentive).
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
You are a young girl named Gretchen Bales. Gretchen lives in a small mountain village with her mother, father, and younger brother Sander Bales. The game begins in Gretchen's family's house on the evening before the winter solstice. Sander has fallen ill, and Gretchen very much wants to buy a present for him, more specifically a new pair of shoes which she has seen in the village toy shop. On her way home after obtaining these shoes, Gretchen falls unconscious as she is buffeted by an incoming blizzard. She awakes in a whimsical winter-themed land. The primary goal of the game is to return home with the new shoes.
- The game features optional ASCII graphics, including the title screen and a status bar featuring a compass rose displaying directions it is possible to move in.
- Winter Wonderland (Laura Knauth; 1999; Z-code 5).
- Winter Wonderland homepage.
- Winter Wonderland (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Winter Wonderland - at IFDB.
- Winter Wonderland - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Winter Wonderland - at IF Ratings.
- Review - by Paul O'Brian.
- Review - by Dan Shiovitz.
- Review - by Duncan Stevens.