A Stop For the Night
|A Stop For the Night|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
The run through the Schattenwald is usually profitable, for the forest is dark, and those who must travel in it pay well for protection. But on this trip you have found none to hire you in Aalfang, so you are left - regretfully - to make a lonely and profitless journey home to where regular customers await.
It is your custom to take three days, stopping at the pair of Traveller's Inns which do a steady business on this road. Now, however, you need not spare the horses to soothe your passengers' nerves, and the carriage bounces over the road at a steady pace. You should be able to shave a day off the trip, although it means bypassing the comforts of an inn for the warm but austere welcome of a way-shrine of Eann.
- Compass directions are mostly unsupported in this game, unless the player-character is travelling outdoors and might be expected to know which way is north. Instead, player movement is accomplished by other commands such as ENTER DOORWAY, CLIMB STAIRS, GO GATE, FORWARD, BACK, LEFT, and RIGHT. The commands IN, OUT, UP, and DOWN still work as expected. Also, the EXITS command lists all known exits from the current location.
- A Stop For the Night (Joe Mason; 2003; Z-code 5).
- Release 1 / Serial number 030425 / Inform v6.21 Library 6/10
- IFID: ZCODE-1-030425-9ABF
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- 2003 IF Art Show: Entered in Landscape division. Awarded Best of Landscape.
- Download stopnight.z5 from the IF Archive - The story file.
- A Stop For the Night (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- A Stop For the Night - at IFDB.
- A Stop For the Night - at Home of the Underdogs.