Attack of the Yeti Robot Zombies
|Attack of the Yeti Robot Zombies|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
How It Begins
This is a try-to-win-on-the-first-attempt game. The point of the game is to try to win on the first attempt. Or, failing that, to win in as few attempts as possible. You are not supposed to use "undo" or "restore" if things are going badly. (Though it is OK to use "save" and then later "restore" if you have to leave the game for a while. And it is OK to save the game as often as you like.) Get it? Yes or no?
Norway 1994. The country is overrun by yeti robot zombies! Death tolls are high. The cities are particularly strongly infested, and many people have fled to more desolate places. You too have escaped from a city, and have traveled to your cabin in Jotunheimen.
Outside your cabin High up in Jotunheimen, on a path going west (where you came from) and east. To the north of you is your cabin, to the south a long drop. Behind your cabin is a steep tall mountain wall. The door to your cabin is gone. Bullet holes show it has been shot away. It must have been done by humans; yeti robot zombies don't carry guns.
Trivia and Comments
- A "try-to-win-in-the-first-attempt" game.
- Examine, look at, look inside, look under, look behind, look <direction> and search have not been implemented. You can still use look, inventory and read.
- No time passes when you use "look" or "inventory".
- Attack of the Yeti Robot Zombies (Øyvind Thorsby; 27-Aug-2006; Z-code 5).
- Release 0 / Serial number 060825 / Inform v6.30 Library 6/11 S
- IFID: ZCODE-0-060825-B044
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- XYZZY Awards 2006: Finalist for Best Use of Medium.
- Download AOTYRZ.z5 ( ftp, random) from the IF Archive
- Attack of the Yeti Robot Zombies (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Attack of the Yeti Robot Zombies - at IFDB
- (Ann) Attack of the Yeti Robot Zombies - Announcement on rgif.
- Review at IF-Review by Blueman Steele, Paul O'Brian, and Dan Shiovitz.
- Attack of the Yeti Robot Zombies - at SPAG - by Emily Short, October 2006.