Tragedy strikes at the XYZZY awards!
|Tragedy strikes at the XYZZY awards!|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
The prologue is a log from ifMUD, where the author, as jwalrus, explains his progress coding a speed-if game. Cut to the game:
You are backstage, no, under the stage at the XYZZY Awards when Eileen pops her head through the trapdoor above you and asks you to find the Best Game trophy quick and throw it at the trapdoor so the trophy can be awarded.
- Several ifMUD regulars are referenced in this game. Eileen Mullin also makes a cameo appearance. The dragon furnace is borrowed from Metamorphoses (Emily Short; 2000; Z-code).
- No attempt to establish mimesis. The author frequently makes conversational asides in first-person.
- Tragedy strikes at the XYZZY awards! (Adam Biltcliffe; 2001; Z-code 5).
- Release 1 / Serial number 010312 / Inform v6.21 Library 6/10
- IFID: ZCODE-1-010312-76BF
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- Speed-IF XYZZY entry.
- Download SpeedIF_XYZZY.zip from the IF Archive - All the games from Speed-IF XYZZY. The story file for this game is xyzzy2.z5.
- Tragedy strikes at the XYZZY awards! (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Tragedy strikes at the XYZZY awards! - at IFDB