Nine-tenths of the Law
|Nine-tenths of the Law|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
The game begins with a title screen.
You are an anemone-like polyp -- a plant -- with a central stalk and waving fronds. You are, of course, carrying nothing, and your only companions on this lonely hilltop are a chained-up zombie and a shy rabbit. There must be something you can do to improve your situation, gain some mobility, but what?
- Unusual protagonist. The polyp is very limited in what it can do, but it possesses one very unusual ability. The game's first puzzle is therefore a guess-the-verb situation. If the player fails to guess the verb or recognize the hint at the very beginning of the game, the game will eventually start to dole out hints after the player has been stuck for several turns.
- Multiple protagonists.
- Nine-tenths of the Law (Jack Welch; 21-Aug-2008; Z-code 5).
- Release 112 / Serial number 080818 / Inform v6.31 Library 6/11
- IFID: ZCODE-112-080818-AB74
IFID links: IFDB,
Babel metadata, Babel download.(Note: Babel services at IF Archive are not yet available.)
- IntroComp 2008: Honorable Mention.
- Download introcomp08.zip from the IF Archive - all the games from IntroComp 2008. The story file for this game is ninetenths.z5.
- Nine-tenths of the Law (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Nine-tenths of the Law - at IFDB.
- I6 Source Code
- Review by Dan Shiovitz
- Review by N. B. Horvath
- Review by Emily Short
- Review in SPAG by Jimmy Maher
- Review by Sarah Morayati
- Reviews by several players on RAIF