The Quest for the Sword of 1000 Truths
|The Quest for the Sword of 1000 Truths|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
How It Begins
You are an obsessive World of Warcraft gamer, carrying nothing. You have traveled to the Blizzard HQ in California and now stand in their lobby. You see the receptionist, a blue pen, and a grey object here. You are here to hack into the WoW servers to give your character, Kelthumaxim, a secret item called the Sword of 1000 Truths.
- Very buggy. Bugs include the takeable receptionist, guess-the-noun (e.g.: the grey object is a USB drive, but the player can only refer to it as "drive1"), and an unexitable room bug (the closet).
- Guess-the-verb. The non-standard verbs are DELETE, BACKUP, and IMPORT.
Trivia and Comments
- According to Wikipedia, Blizzard Entertainment's headquarters are located in Irvine, California.
- The Sword of 1000 Truths was first invented for the Make Love, Not Warcraft television episode of South Park. In the episode, the sword was stored on a USB drive. And according to this article, the sword will (or already has by now) been created for the real WoW game in the Burning Crusade expansion.
- The author himself notes, at the end, that WoW is a far better game than this one.
- The Quest for the Sword of 1000 Truths (Carl Saenz; Oct-2006; Z-code 5).