|Development release||pre-beta 4|
|Operating system||Mac OS X (10.9+)|
|Written in||Objective-C, C++, C|
XTads is a TADS 2/3 interpreter for Mac OS X (version 10.9 and higher). It's a GUI application, with native Mac OS X look and feel. Game output is text-only, with limited/simplistic support for HTML.
2017-08-02: pre-beta 4 is available, with a couple of fixes:
- Changing the background colour of the main output area didn't work.
- Source code: character set translation (.tcp) files were missing, preventing a correct build.
2017-07-25: pre-beta 3 is available, with:
- Support for banners (well, except more-prompts)
- Full support for the <tab> tag
- Improvements to text formatting
- Misc. bug-fixes
XTads is still a work in progress. Bug reports are more than welcome - see contact info in the program's About panel.
Download source code: http://www.ifarchive.org/if-archive/programming/tads2/source/XTads-prebeta-4-src.zip