Revision as of 18:46, 6 July 2007 by Dswxyz (→Games taking place on Zork: slight fixes; added Zork/Dungeon and Wishbringer)
Games taking place on Zork
The MIT game that started it all:
The Zork Trilogy, published by Infocom:
- Zork I: The Great Underground Empire (Tim Anderson, Marc Blank, Dave Lebling, Bruce Daniels; 1980; Z-code).
- Zork II: The Wizard of Frobozz (Tim Anderson, Marc Blank, Dave Lebling, Bruce Daniels; 1981; Z-code).
- Zork III: The Dungeon Master (Tim Anderson, Marc Blank, Dave Lebling, Bruce Daniels; 1982; Z-code).
The Enchanter Trilogy, published by Infocom:
- Enchanter (Marc Blank and Dave Lebling; 1983; Z-code).
- Sorcerer (Steve Meretzky; 1984; Z-code).
- Spellbreaker (Dave Lebling; 1985; Z-code).
Other Infocom games set on Zork:
- Beyond Zork: The Coconut of Quendor (Brian Moriarty; 1987; Z-code).
- Wishbringer: The Magick Stone of Dreams (Brian Moriarty; 1985; Z-code).
- Zork Zero: The Revenge of Megaboz (Steve Meretzky; 1988; Z-code).
Activision games set on Zork:
- Return to Zork (1993).
- Zork: Nemesis (1996).
- Zork Grand Inquisitor (1997).
- Zork: The Undiscovered Underground (co-designers: Michael Berlyn and Marc Blank, implementor: Gerry Kevin Wilson; 1997; Z-code)
Non-canon games set on Zork:
- Balances (Graham Nelson; 1994; Z-code).
- Dawn of the Demon (Paul Drallos; 2005; Z-code).
- Encyclopedia Frobozzica (author: Nino Ruffini, porter: John Kean as "Digby McWiggle"; Z-code). Not a game.
- Enlightenment (Taro Ogawa; 1998; Z-code).
- Frobozz Magic Support (Nate Cull; 1996; TADS 2).
- Informatory (William J. Shlaer; 1998; Z-code).
- Life on Gue Street (Chris Charla as Anonymous; c.2000; Z-code).
- Mini-Zork (Anonymous; 1998; Z-code and Commodore).
- Perilous Magic (David Fillmore; 1999; Z-code).
- Return to Zork: Another Story (Stefano Canali; 2000; Z-code).
- Zork: A Troll's Eye View (Dylan O'Donnell; 1998; Z-code).