A Bear's Night Out
As a teddy bear, explore your owner's home and find a way to get to the teddy bear's picnic.
|A Bear's Night Out|
How It Begins
The game begins with a quote from "The Lost Teddy" by Helen McKay.
You are a furry brown teddy bear wearing your night shirt. You are on the big bed in the bedroom. Your owner, David, lies next to you, fast asleep.
It's a timeless time at night. If you explore the house, you may discover a flyer for a teddy bear picnic which you'd like your owner to take you to.
Trivia and Comments
- This game is sometimes referred to by the abbreviation ABNO.
- Several subsequent games used variations of the title. In chronological order:
Competition release (Version 2)
- A Bear's Night Out (David Dyte; 1997; Z-code 5).
- Release 2 / Serial number 971011 / Inform v6.14 Library 6/7
- IFID: ZCODE-2-971011-2B80
IFID links: IFDB
- IF Comp 1997: 5th place of 34 games.
- XYZZY Awards 1997: Won Best Setting. Finalist for Best Individual PC (the teddy bear), and Best Game.
- Download bear.z5 from the IF Archive
- Play it online at ifiction.org.
- A Bear's Night Out (David Dyte; 1999; Z-code 5).
- Ein Bär Geht Aus (translator: Gunther Schmidl; 2000; Z-code 5; German).
- La Intrépida Noche del Osito (translator: José Luis Díaz as "Zak"; 2002; Z-code 5; Spanish).
- A Bear's Night Out (archived) - at Baf's Guide
- A Bear's Night Out - at IFDB.
- A Bear's Night Out - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Feelies "coming soon!" at Feelies.org. (Link is a Wayback Machine copy; the original feelies.org site disappeared in early 2008.)
- Review - by Paul O'Brian.
- Review - by Duncan Stevens for SPAG 13.
- Spanish review - by Akbarr for SPAC 21.
- A Bear's Night Out - at IF Ratings
- A Bear's Night Out - at IFReviews.org