Beat the Devil
|Beat the Devil|
|Author(s)||Robert M. Camisa|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
The game begins with a quote from "Sympathy for the Devil" by the Rolling Stones.
During a drunken celebration at a bar for your 21st birthday, you unwisely say that you'd sell your soul for a chance with the lovely Gwyneth. You later wake up empty-handed in the food court of the "Mall of Hell" where a note from Lucifer declines your soul but makes this counteroffer: defeat all seven deadly sins and he'll give you your chance with the lovely Gwyneth. Fail, and you stay in the Mall forever - as staff. As an optional bonus, Lucifer has also hidden three items that will significantly help you with your romantic conquest of the lovely Gwyneth.
Trivia and Comments
- A game with a very similar title, Beet the Devil (Carolyn VanEseltine; 2011; Glulx), was entered in IF Comp 2011.
- Beat the Devil (Robert M. Camisa; 1999; Z-code 5).
- Beat the Devil (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Beat the Devil - at IFDB.
- Beat the Devil - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Beat the Devil - at SPAG.
- Beat the Devil - at IF Ratings.
- Review - by Paul O'Brian.
- Review - by Dan Shiovitz.