Kids, don't eat your Halloween candy
(Redirected from IFID:TADS2-A812F700E27D750834536E9695AD0056)
Note: This article's name is a truncated form of this game's very long title.
|Kids, don't eat your Halloween candy|
|Authoring system||TADS 2|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
You might be anyone, carrying nothing, somewhere on a very foggy street in New York City. It's Hallowe'en night, and you want to get to Neil deMause's apartment, but all you can see in this fog is a jack-o-lantern in the middle of the street to the north.
- Some in-jokes:
- The phrase "Lost in New York" in the intro is a joking reference to Lost New York (Neil deMause; 1996; TADS 2), which was often mistakenly called Lost in New York.
- At one point, the game calls you "J Random Protagonist". Compare with AFGNCAAP.
- The phrase "wooden wood" is a reference to Detective (Matt Barringer; 1993; AGT).
Trivia and Comments
- This game was the first Speed-IF game written in TADS.
- Kids, don't eat your Halloween candy without having your parents inspect it first because there are SICKOS out there who will put RAZOR BLADES in it and you will CUT YOUR MOUTH and GET A POISONED INFECTION and DIE, all from eating your candy early. So don't do that. (Dan Shiovitz; 1998; TADS 2).