ParserComp 2015 is a ranked, long-form game jam for parser works, organized by Carolyn VanEseltine. The theme (optional) for the competition is "sunrise".
- Writing window: November 1, 2014 through February 1, 2015.
- Polish window: February 1, 2015 through February 14, 2015.
- Voting window: February 16, 2015 through March 14, 2015.
Deadlines are at 11:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time on the day listed above.
14 games were released on February 16, 2015. The top three games overall were:
- Chlorophyll (Steph Cherrywell; Glulx).
- Oppositely Opal (Buster Hudson; Glulx).
- Delphina's House (Alice Grove; Glulx).
The other entries were (in alphabetical order):
- An Adventurer's Backyard (lyricasylum; ADRIFT 5).
- Down, the Serpent and the Sun (Chandler Groover; Glulx).
- Endless Sands (Hamish McIntyre; Glulx).
- Lockdown (Richard Otter; Glulx).
- A Long Drink (Owen Parks; Glulx).
- Mean Streets (Bad Dog Studios; TADS 2).
- Six Gray Rats Crawl Up The Pillow (Caleb Wilson as "Boswell Cain"; Z-code).
- Sunburn (Caelyn Sandel; Z-code).
- Terminator (Matt Weiner; Glulx).
- Terminator Chaser (Bruno Dias; Glulx).
- Three Days of Night (spaceflounder; TADS 3).
There were six award categories (but no prizes). Anyone who didn't participate in the competition (eg: organizer, author) could judge. Judges awarded scores from 1 to 5 for each entry in each category. Judges must have played at least half of the entries in the competition.
Here are the categories and the results:
|Award category||1st place||2nd place||3rd place|
|Best Writing||Chlorophyll||Oppositely Opal||Six Gray Rats Crawl Up The Pillow|
|Best Story||Chlorophyll||Oppositely Opal||Delphina's House|
|Best Puzzles||Oppositely Opal||Chlorophyll||Delphina's House|
|Best Use of Theme ("Sunrise")||Chlorophyll||Terminator Chaser||Endless Sands|
|Best Technical||Oppositely Opal||Delphina's House||Chlorophyll|
|Best Overall||Chlorophyll||Oppositely Opal||Delphina's House|
- ParserComp 2015. Homepage at Sibyl Moon Games, October 30, 2014.
- ParserComp 2015 postmortem by the IF Discussion Club. March 22, 2015.
See also: ParserComp review thread at intfiction.org.
- Reviews - at IFDB.
- Reviews by Sam Kabo Ashwell.
- Reviews by Joseph Geipel.
- Reviews by Matt Goh in IFography #3.
- Reviews: 1 2 by Hanon Ondricek.
- Reviews by Andrew Schultz.
- Reviews by Sean M. Shore, Katherine Morayati, and C. E. J. Pacian in SPAG #62.
- Reviews by Emily Short.
- "Let's Play" videos (old link) by Marshal Tenner Winter.