Roger Firth is usually known simply as, erm, Roger. He lives in the UK.
- Co-author with Sonja Kesserich of Heidi, William Tell and Captain Fate (2002, 2004; Z-code) – demonstration games from The Inform Beginner's Guide.
- Co-author with Sonja Kesserich of the Inform 6 FAQ.
- Authored utilities INSTRUCTOR for reformatting Inform source programs, and INSPECTOR for analysing Inform game files.
- Authored the following Inform extensions:
- boxclever.h – Extends the 'box' statement to allow bold or underlined text.
- CCPL.h – Adds a Creative Commons license.
- checkout.h – Adds a CHECKOUT debugging verb to test room connections.
- daemons.h (with Andrew Plotkin) – Puts daemons and timers in a priority order.
- dump.h – Adds debugging verbs DUMP and IS for analysing Inform game files.
- random.h – Provides a portable Z-machine/Glulx random number generator.
- scenic.h (with Richard Barnett, Joe Mason, and Stefano Gaburri) – Embeds examinable-only scenery 'objects' within a room object.
- shuffle.h – Shuffles a list of numbers and uses them in that order.
- smartcantgo.h (with David Wagner) – Lists a room's exits.
- StatusLineColors.inf (with Jay Goemmer) – Sets colours of the status bar.
- stringmaker.h – Turns a byte character array into a packed string or vice-versa.
- writelist.h – Changes the way object lists are printed so that an object's invent property can also be used within room descriptions.
- Co-author with Sonja Kesserich of The Inform Beginner's Guide, The Interactive Fiction Library (IFLibrary.org), 2002.
- Creator of the Cloak of Darkness game for comparing IF authoring systems.
- Maintainer of the Informary snippets of Inform news.
- Maintainer of the Parsifal list of IF links.
- Maintainer of the IF editors summary.
- Originator of the Ifaq.
- Originator of the r*if Welcome page.
- Librarian in charge of selected pages at inform-fiction.org.
- Interview: Roger Firth questioned by KF (View HTML), (View PDF) - InsideADRIFT Issue 12, December 2003.