Co-founder of Adventure International, credited with being one of the earliest home computer entertainment software companies (possibly the first, depending on various factors).
Author of Adventureland and many other early IF games. In the United Kingdom the company Adventuresoft UK traded under Adventure International UK and republished their own games as well as the Adventure International games. The company traded from roughly 1979 to 1984 before it was shut down.
The first fourteen games form the Scott Adams Classic Games series (Sometimes known as 'Scott Adams Adventures of the Mind' series). On several platforms some of these games were extended to include Graphics (under the SAGA and SAGA+ names.)
- Pirate Adventure (aka Pirates Cove)
- Mission Impossible (aka Impossible Mission, Secret Mission, Atomic Mission)
- Voodoo Castle
- The Count
- Strange Odyssey
- Mystery Fun House (aka Fun House Mystery)
- Pyramid of Doom
- Ghost Town
- Savage Island, Part I
- Savage Island, Part II
- Golden Voyage
- Sorcerer of Claymorgue Castle
- Return to Pirate's Island
These three games were released as the Questprobe Series. There was supposed to be a fourth game in the series featuring the X-Men but was stopped when they went out of business.
This was an independent game, delivered in the same style as the other games.
Scott's later released the sequel:
His most recent project is the Scott Adams Bible Adventure series:
- The Inheritance (2013)
- Adventureland Demo
The games appeared on various home machines
- Apple II
- Atari 8-bit
- BBC Micro
- Commodore PET, C+4, C16
- Commodore 64
- Commodore VIC-20
- TRS-80 (I + III), (Dragon / Coco)
- Scott Adams's homepage.
- Baf's Guide listing for Scott Adams (archived).
- Scott Adams (game designer) - at Wikipedia.
- Scott Adams' story on Pirate Adventure, including the source code (archived) - originally published in Byte Magazine, December 1980.
- Scott Adams: the fun and games man: 1 and 2 - Micro Adventurer #6, April 1984.
- Great Scott! - Micro Adventurer #13, November 1984.
- Great Scott! - by Crash, April 1985.
- Adventure Classic Gaming interview - by Francesco Cordella, September 1998. Updated November 1999.
- My fantasy against Infocom parser - Interview by L'avventura è L'avventura, September 1999. (Also in Italian.)
- "YOHO" Strikes Again! -- The Second Coming of Scott Adams - SPAG #22, September 15, 2000.
- Scott Adams Speaks at UWEC English Festival (2001). - A panel organized by Dennis G. Jerz. Text and audio.
- GameSetInterview: Adventure International's Scott Adams - by GameSetWatch, July 2006.
- GET LAMP: Scott Adams. Interview video clips of Scott Adams for Get Lamp, 2007.
- The inheritance of Scott Adams: the computer gaming pioneer is back with the text game "The Inheritance" - by Steve Prestegard, SWNEWS4U.COM, March 5, 2013.
- Adventure Classic Gaming interview - by Matt Barton, Philip Jong, March 9, 2013.