Sir Loin 2: The Phantom Dennis
|Sir Loin 2: The Phantom Dennis|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
The story continues directly after the events of Sir Loin and the coming of age.
You are Sir Loin, the newest and youngest knight of the Brown Table. No sooner has King Arnold of Cum-Ere-A-Lot knighted you, when you both learn that Queen Winalot has been kidnapped! King Arnold orders Sir Halibut, Sir Lankylegs, and Sir Dwane to search the countryside for her. You are to stay in the castle, just in case.
- Chapter I: A Lonely Knight Ahead
You are now standing empty-handed with King Arnold in his throne room, waiting for any news of his missing queen.
- A few locations, items, and NPCs from Sir Loin and the coming of age are reused in this game. Also, the boy Colin from Escape from the House, the author's first IF game, returns in this game.
- The hub of this game's "crazy quilt" is a location called "World Map". The map is built dynamically: new locations are added to the world map as you learn about them in the game.
- The game uses a handful of new verbs (such as "lift", "climb", "show") that aren't in standard usage in Quest games. Speak to the guard to learn the list of these verbs. Also, the guard is a weak in-game help system; show any item in your inventory to him, and you might get a clue on how to use it.
- Many objects are reusable and used in multiple puzzles. Many of the puzzles involve combining two items into a new item.
- Spelling and general punctuation is a bit shabby.
Trivia and Comments
- The story of the NPC, Shiversword the Bard, continues in Shiversword: The Beginning (CJ592; 2007; Quest).
- Sir Loin 2: The Phantom Dennis (CJ592; 02-Jun-2007; Quest 4.02).
- Sir Loin 2: The Phantom Dennis - at textadventures.co.uk.
|Sir Loin series by CJ592|
|Sir Loin and the coming of age (2007)|
Sir Loin 2: The Phantom Dennis (2007)
Sir Loin 3: The Quest for the Holy Quail (2008)