Under, In Erebus
|Under, In Erebus|
|Authoring system||Inform 7|
How It Begins
The platform is so crowded that you fear you'll be pushed forward onto the tracks. You edge backwards slightly to forestall that possibility. Here comes a train now -- is it the Green Line? No, it's... the Black Line to Erebus? But there is no Black Line! And where the heck is Erebus?
- Wordplay. Much of the gameplay involves using homonyms of letters to spell words.
- Darkness. Although most locations are unlit, LOOK and EXAMINE still work much the same way as if everything was visible; one obvious exception is a book that cannot be read in the dark.
- There are 16 ways for the PC to die. The player can use UNDO after any of these deaths to continue playing.
- Under, In Erebus (Brian Rapp; 01-Oct-2010; Glulx).
- Beta-testers: Julie Lim, Marius Müller, Javri, Poster, Sorrel, Reina Adair, Matthew Alger, Isxek, Zhou Fang, Megan Park, and Ben Pennington.
- Cover art by Kate McDonnell (khatvanga.com), incorporating a background by Gustave Doré and a font by Douglas Vitkauskas.
- Release 1 / Serial number 100930 / Inform 7 build 6E72 (I6/v6.31 lib 6/12N)
- IFID: 950323EB-74C6-4B23-86D0-7931970AD866
IFID links: IFDB
- IF Comp 2010: 16th place of 26 entries.
- Download inerebus.gblorb from the IF Archive. The story file.
- Under, In Erebus Homepage.
- Baf's Guide line wanted. (Please replace this line with a baf game template.).
- Under, In Erebus - at IFDB
- Under, In Erebus - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Review by Lynnea Dally.
- Review by Sam Kabo Ashwell.
- Review by Dark Star.
- Review by Victor Gijsbers.
- Review by Christopher Huang.
- Review by Imrihamun (Cobaltnine).
- Review by Admiral Jota.
- Review (in Russian) by Valentine Kopteltsev.
- Review by Yoon Ha Lee.
- Review by Jacqueline A. Lott.
- Review by Michael Martin.
- Review by Carl Muckenhoupt.
- Review by Rob O'Hara.
- Review by Steven Odhner.
- Review by Tracy Poff.
- Review by Jenni Polodna.
- Review by Rhian.
- Review by Dan Shiovitz.
- Review by Emily Short.
- Review by Skeet.