>count leaves There are 69,105 leaves here.
There is amusing on several levels:
- It is absurd that the adventurer would be able to count so many leaves with such precision, especially in the minute or so time that a normal turn supposedly takes.
- 69 is sexual slang for mutual oral sex.
- Decimal 69 is equal to octal 105, and hexadecimal 69 is equal to decimal 105.
- Deadsville (William McDuf; 2005; Z-code). 69,105 blades of grass in the graveyard.
- I-0 (Adam Cadre; 1997; Z-code). 69,105 pieces of laundry in the car trunk.
- Kingdom of Loathing is an on-line door game. As a whole, it isn't IF, but its strange leaflet quest is, and reuses the "count leaves" joke.
- Leather Goddesses of Phobos (Steve Meretzky; 1986; Z-code). 69,105 leaves.
- Pass the Banana (Admiral Jota; 1999; Z-code). The story file size is 69,105 bytes.
- The Witness (Stu Galley; publisher: Infocom; 1983; Z-code). The gun receipt is 69105.
- Zork (Tim Anderson, Marc Blank, Bruce Daniels, Dave Lebling; 1979). First use of 69,105 leaves.
- Montfort, Nick. Twisty Little Passages: An Approach to Interactive Fiction. MIT Press, 2003. Pages 103–104.