Difference between revisions of "ChickenComp"
(added premise section and link to ifiction.org)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
ChickenComp was a [[minicomp]] organized in 1998 by [[Adam Cadre]]. The
ChickenComp was a [[minicomp]] organized in 1998 by [[Adam Cadre]]
. The :
anything with a chicken crossing road.
Revision as of 06:15, 14 January 2005
This is a call for tiny games by anyone who would like to contribute. The theme of the game should be:
A CHICKEN CROSSING A ROAD.
Do anything you like with this theme. A first-person "you are the chicken" approach is fine; a game set in a cafe where a pretentious grad student compares road-crossing chickens to the plight of the proletariat in post-Marxist society is also fine. All I ask is that the chicken crossing the road should be readily apparent (please, no games about something entirely unrelated except for the fact that >XYZZY produces the response, "A hollow voice says, 'Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side!'") and that the game be short. If you spend more than an afternoon or two on it, you're missing the point.
- Are you Too Chicken to Make a Deal?, by Mitchell Taylor.
- Behavior, by William J. Shlaer.
- Chicken!, by Gunther Schmidl.
- Chicken and Egg, by Adam Thornton.
- The Chicken Under the Window, by Lucian P. Smith.
- The Chicken's Dilemma, by Jason Dyer.
- Chickens of Distinction (or, "It Takes a Tough Man to Make a Tender Chicken"), by Liza Daly.
- Hey, I'm Supposed to be Free Range, by Opal O'Donnell.
- The Landing, by Neil K. Guy.
- Learning to Cross, by Mark Musante.
- The Lesson of the Chicken, by Rob Noyes.
- The one about the chicken, the lion and the monkey?, by Sam Barlow.
- Orpington, by William J. Shlaer.
- Pollo y Camino, by Jay Goemmer. Also known as Chicken and Road.
- Saied, by Robb Sherwin.
- Sisychickenphus, by Lelah Conrad.
- The Story of Morris the Chicken Being Helped by a Squirrel, by Mikko Vuorinen.
- Unity!, by Greg Ewing.
- The X Chicken, by David Cornelson.