Hey, I'm Supposed to be Free Range
Revision as of 05:39, 22 October 2014 by Dswxyz (Text replace - '[[Category:Games in 1998' to '[[Category:Works in 1998')
|Hey, I'm Supposed to Be Free Range|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
How It Begins
- You are a chicken and you want to cross the road as usual. However, somebody has been building a maze of orange traffic cones on the road, so getting to the other side might be hard.
- There is only one puzzle in this game, which might be familiar from Photopia. (Though it is a bit easier in this game.)
Trivia and Comments
- According to the Photopia Phaq v2.0 (which contains spoilers for Photopia), there never was an "Opal O'Donnell". Adam had decided in advance he would be entering Photopia in IF Comp 1998 using a pseudonym, and to give that pseudonym a "bit of a history", Adam created the character of Opal in advance, had "her" sign onto ifMud where "she" entered ChickenComp with this game. Adam even reused a puzzle from this game in Photopia to make it seem more believable that Opal wrote it. (Previous to this new version of the Phaq, it was believed that Adam had asked Opal for permission to reuse her puzzle and also to use her name as his pseudonym for the competition.)
- Hey, I'm Supposed to Be Free Range (Adam Cadre as "Opal O'Donnell"; 1998; Z-code 5).
- Hey, I'm Supposed to Be Free Range (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Hey, I'm Supposed to Be Free Range - at IFDB.